The Dragon Never Sleeps
A Night in the Lonesome October
Gahan Wilson, James Warhola, Roger Zelazny
Progress: 11 %

A Time of Myths: A Mystery Adventure

A Time of Myths: A Mystery Adventure - Mr. Chris Blamires First things first: I need to mention I received this book from Goodreads giveaways.

Sixties. Hippies. Woodstock. Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll.
Eighties. Yuppies. Business. Money. Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll.

Some things never change. Five young rebellious English people met on their way to Woodstock festival; life seems to be getting really good with complete freedom from establishment. It turned out there was a price to pay for this, so great that it changed the lives of the youths and kept haunting them for 20 years.

I am really not sure about the genre of the book. The best description might be historical fiction, but I use this term very loosely. The main strength of it is the writing quality. It kept me reading even though I am not a fan of historical literature. This is not trivial matter considering the fact that this is the first book of the author. The plot was interesting enough as well - I never had any desire to skip any pages.

As to the weakness: characterization was not very good. I finished reading it and at no point I cared about any of the characters, even the good ones. Moreover, none of the hippies in the book showed any trace of brotherly love which is supposed to be a cornerstone of their movement.

My final rating for the book was 3.5 stars, but I rounded it up as its strengths easily eclipse all weaknesses. I am really curious to see the next work of the author.