Gene

Gene

Operation Arcana

Operation Arcana - John Joseph Adams, Myke Cole, Ari Marmell, Weston Ochse, Tanya Huff, Carrie Vaughn, T.C. McCarthy, Simon R. Green, Seanan McGuire, Linda Nagata, Glen Cook, David Klecha, Jonathan Maberry, Tobias S. Buckell, Genevieve Valentine, Elizabeth Moon, Django Wexler, Yoon Ha Lee Please note: this review will be updated as I read more stories from the anthology.

So as I mentioned this is an anthology of short fantasy stories. The collection consists of the following:

Bone Eaters by Glen Cook.
The tale takes part between the second and the third books of the main series. A whole lot of familiar faces are back, including Darling, Lieutenant, Elmo, Silent, Otto, Hagop, Goblin, and One-Eye. A group of highway robbers was stupid enough to try robbing some scouts from The Black Company. The surviving robbers were taken prisoners; it turned out they are interesting people - to put it mildly. Let us just say The Company got even into bigger troubles than before.

This was the reason I got my hands on this anthology. People familiar with my reviews know I love the series. This was a decent read. It is nice to be back with the old gang which for ones had too many wizards with the more timid of them being Goblin and One-Eye.
Goblin and One-Eye
This should tell how big trouble the Company was in this time. I love Croaker's conclusion in the end of the tale. 4 stars is the rating.

So the final rating for now is 4 stars which I will update later with review of more stories.