Max Brooks' The Extinction Parade Volume 1 TP

Max Brooks' The Extinction Parade Volume 1 TP - Max Brooks First things first: I need to mention I received this book from GoodReads giveaways.

Vampires (not the sparkling kind): they are the predators feeding on humans. They have to be very careful who they kill not to attract attention to themselves, which becomes very difficult at modern times as everybody stays connected to somebody practically 100% of times. So when a zombie apocalypse begins vampires initially rejoice: there is no need to hide now that the humanity has more pressing matters than to hunt an occasional vampire. Everything was fun and dandy (from vampires point of view) until the blood suckers began to realize that their only source of food - the humanity - is about to be exterminated by zombies.

Zombies became very popular in the media lately. I do not even need to mention the popularity of vampires. How comes this is the first time I see zombies vs. vampires theme? I mean, the creative possibilities are endless and the plot practically begs to be made into a blockbuster movie.

If you think this graphic novel has to be extremely gory because of the subject presented, you are completely correct. There is blood on practically every single page. I did not think there were any very deep subjects raised in here, but as a mindless entertainment the comic delivers. I practically cheered when vampires finally started to kick butts: it took them a while.

As a conclusion: if you can stomach lots of gore, and want mindless and still very satisfying entertainment, go for it: you will not be disappointed.

This review is a copy/paste of my BookLikes one: http://gene.booklikes.com/post/882074/how-can-a-comic-book-with-both-vampires-and-zombies-be-bad-