The Dragon Never Sleeps
Progress: 23 %
A Night in the Lonesome October
Gahan Wilson, James Warhola, Roger Zelazny
Progress: 28 %

Changes (Dresden Files, Book 12)

Changes (Dresden Files, Book 12) - Jim Butcher There is something I need to mention before I talk about rating and the plot. The author stated that this book did not end in cliffhanger. Please Jim, look up the definition of the word in a dictionary. If the end of this book is not a cliffhanger, then I do not know what is.

I will proceed with the review having said that: this is a very grim book with not a single bright moment. Dresden's occasional (very rare) wisecracks do not lighten the mood any; Bob usually is fairly humorous character, but not in this book. He constantly forced to make choices no good person should ever be forced to make. As a result, Harry is about to lose everything - I mean it literally.

Susan, Harry's ex-girlfriend called and said that Harry is the father of a 5-year old daughter who was just kidnapped by a vampire of The Red Court who happens to hate his guts. It is up to Harry alone to rescue her from an army of vampires, half-vampires, and regular humans. He is ready to do it - for his daughter he never saw.

Powerful, but lacks the lightheartedness of the previous books with 4.5 star rating.