The Dragon Never Sleeps
A Night in the Lonesome October
Gahan Wilson, James Warhola, Roger Zelazny
Progress: 11 %

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  - J.K. Rowling Harry Potter's fifth year at Hogwarts. The One Who Shall Not Be Named gathers power, but Harry Potter is completely sheltered from outside world and as the result has no clue about what Lord Voldemort is up to. This leads to frustration which in turn leads to angst. Speaking of the latter, the book is full of it.

So as I was saying, Harry is full of angst through the whole book. This makes for slow moving plot sometimes. It does not help any that the book is probably the biggest in the series. To Harry's defense he has a pretty good reason for being such. A couple of reasons actually. Firstly, he is a 15-year-old boy in here. Remember 15-year-old yourself? You were full of angst, too. Secondly, Dumbledore failed Harry, hard. In fact he keep failing him over and over again until the last couple of chapters.

The biggest lesson of it all: the adults can be wrong (as an adult it pains me to say it); even the ones you hold in the greatest respect like it is a case with Harry and Dumbledore.

I do not think my review would be complete without mentioning the following character:
Dolores Umbridge
This is how I envision her; the movie version was pretty good too. I am talking about Dolores Umbridge of cause. Compared to Lord Voldemort she is fairly low-level as far as villains go, but she was created in such a way that everybody and their brother love to hate her.

So this is the first book of the series which gets less than perfect rating. The main reason is I feel that it could be made shorter - but I'll be damned if I know how. It is still great and everything, but 600+ pages are a little bit too much for a Harry Potter tale, especially the angst-y one.