The Dragon Never Sleeps
A Night in the Lonesome October
Gahan Wilson, James Warhola, Roger Zelazny
Progress: 11 %

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  - J.K. Rowling Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts. With Lord Voldemort on the loose things are going very bad in wizard community; all the troubles spill in the Muggle world. Unsurprisingly the book begins with a chapter with real Muggle Prime Minister - somewhat unnecessary I might add.

If you think you can find anything original in this review you are sadly mistaken. It is practically impossible to find anything new to say after literally everybody and their brother read and discussed the series.

Still it was interesting to see some people try to pretend everything is fine and perfect (Hermione and Ron firmly fall into this category) while others like Harry being obsessed with suspecting other people - in Harry's case his suspicions of Draco Malfoy made him practically paranoid and acting retarded at times.

Some spoilers follow. Is it still possible to find anybody who have not read the series or watched the movies? If you are one of such rarities, stop right here!!!

Harry and Ginny romance came out of nowhere and feels very artificial. My old cynical self does not think Ginny is a good match for Harry. Why would anybody want to have a girlfriend whose only positive quality is to throw hexes around - for little or no reasons I might add? Hermione on the other hand was always there for Harry.

Another complaint is fairly big and I will use spoiler tags for it. The underground lake scene: this came out really stupid for me. You had to drink the liquid to get the locket? You could not just reach it with you hand, fine. You could scoop the water with a goblet? Why not pour it out instead of drinking?

Yet another big one: Snape Now that I know what is going on reading the second chapter I quite agree with Harry: he is probably the bravest man of the series.

The tragedy at the end still feels like a read tragedy during the reread while the impact of what happened at the end of the previous book considerably lessened when I read it the second time.

So all the nitpicks aside I still rate this book with a perfect rating; it is well worth it.

P.S. I always wanted to say it in one of the reviews for a book of the series; this feels like a good place: when it comes to movies, Richard Harris beats the crap out of Michael Gambon as Dumbledore. I am not questioning the acting abilities of the latter, but the former suited to the role much better. I leave you with the following: