The Dragon Never Sleeps
A Night in the Lonesome October
Gahan Wilson, James Warhola, Roger Zelazny
Progress: 11 %

The League of Frightened Men

The League of Frightened Men - Rex Stout, Robert Goldsborough I am not going to retell the book's blurb as it contains too many spoilers - in my opinion. Nero Wolfe found himself without a job for quite some time - and with his money running out. Pestered by Archie Goodwin who is a man of action and cannot stand the prolonged absence of it, the great New York detective decides to take a case he rejected some time ago, only this time he chooses to involve more people as his clients: a group of people known as The League of Frightened Men thorough the book.

Initially the mystery part seems to be completely missing as the culprit is known in advance and around 75% of the book it is more about character interactions which are always great in Nero Wolfe's books. I must give a warning however: nothing is as clear and obvious as it seems to be. The real mystery will appear later and only Wolve's genius analytical skills will help solving the case.

As the second book of the series it still has some rough edges and the main characters are still not fully established, but the pure fun factor is there and makes this novel worth easy 4 stars.

This review is a copy/paste of my BookLikes one: http://gene.booklikes.com/post/889508/the-second-book-of-the-series-slightly-rough-around-the-edges