The Dragon Never Sleeps
A Night in the Lonesome October
Gahan Wilson, James Warhola, Roger Zelazny
Progress: 11 %

Cold Days

Cold Days - Jim Butcher Harry Dresden is back in action. This time, as the Winter Knight he needs to kill an immortal: the being who by definition cannot be killed. It turns out, this is the least of his problems and he only has less than 24 hours to solve all of them, which gives non-stop fast-paced action through the whole book.

I debated about the rating between 4 and 5 stars. There were some minor annoyances which prevented me from giving 5 stars to this book. First, I did not feel this book has any connection with the previous one. In [b:Ghost Story|8058301|Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, #13)|Jim Butcher|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1329104700s/8058301.jpg|12731936] there was almost a war going on with aquatic beings who terrorized Chicago. In this book, these beings got mentioned exactly once. A note for Big Bad Guys everywhere: if your intended terror victims do not recall your name during 24 hours - rethink your strategy, you are doing it wrong.

Another continuity problem: none of the characters introduced in the previous book appear in this one, once again nobody even mention them.

Last nitpick: Why is it when Harry needs to save the world from certain destruction, nobody bothers to help him - even people/beings who understand the stakes? It is always up to Harry and his Scooby-Doo gang to save the day.

Still, this is a good book I had a lot of fun reading. As Winter Knight Harry kicks butt and - finally - is not left miserable after all dust is settled.