The Dragon Never Sleeps
A Night in the Lonesome October
Gahan Wilson, James Warhola, Roger Zelazny
Progress: 28 %

Blood Street

Blood Street - Carl Alves First things first: I need to mention I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

An ancient vampire (Dracula type, not [b:Twilight|41865|Twilight (Twilight, #1)|Stephenie Meyer|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1361039443s/41865.jpg|3212258] sparkling variety) killed a mafia man and his girlfriend. Now, the local mafia boss cannot let it slide, as killing his henchman without retribution sets up a bad precedent. FBI people are shocked by the gruesome nature of the murder and are trying to find the killer as well - without realizing his nature. Now the leader of the vampire pack (Magnus) needs to keep maintaining a low profile: for obvious reasons it is never a good idea to advertise oneself as a killing bloodsucking undead creature of the night. The problem is: the killer vampire in question is challenging the Magnus' authority right in the brink of all-out human-vampire war.

The book is entertaining and fast-moving. The character of mafia boss is written very well and I felt some sympathy for him and his principals. The same can be said about Magnus. Once the ball starts rolling, it is very difficult to put the book down. The book deserves 4 stars.