The Blue Coyote

The Blue Coyote - Karen Musser Nortman First things first: I need to mention I received this book from Goodreads giveaways.

Frannie and Larry Shoemaker, a retired couple went camping with their grandchildren and their friends. The trip started with them takings a wrong turn which took them to a dirt road dead-ending in a junkyard where they had to turn around (in an RV no less). From that point on their rest was interrupted by all sorts of annoyances which finally culminated in a crime with Larry being blamed for it - and I would be the first one to admit that Larry was somewhat a jerk and this led to the problem. As usual it is up to Frannie to clear up the mystery.

This is a good book with interesting mystery. The knowledge of the first one is not necessary; the book also does not spoil the mystery of the first one. My minor complaint was the end of the book where our "Scooby-Doo gang" rushes into bag guys' lair without any regards for their own and a victim's safety: Larry is a former cop, he should know better! The book also made me sad with the state of our society today - it is impossible for a guy to have any interaction with kids without being accused of pedophilia as Larry experienced in the book first hand.

The final rating is 4 stars. This book made me want to read the first one in the series: I own it.