Gene

Gene

The Lies Have It

The Lies Have It - Jill Edmondson First things first: I need to mention I received this book from Goodreads giveaways.

Sasha Jackson is a PI in Toronto. Business has been slow lately, but the bills keep coming. To meet the ends she takes some odd jobs from time to time, like bartending at a BDSM party in a local bar. Shortly after this particular party one of its participants was found dead with marks of whip (normal for this kind of events, I suppose) and two bullet holes (not that normal). Sasha suspects that the crime has nothing to do with the victim's lifestyle, but she is occupied with another case at the moment: a runaway teen.

The first thing that needs to be said about the book is that it a very easy read - the kind where you can get lost in the plot with writing which does not get in the way of reader. This is the type of book which makes you choose between getting some sleep and reading some more. Do not get me wrong, some books leave you no choice but to sacrifice sleep time; it is possible to put down this one, but with some sense of regret.

Other features that stand out are descriptions of Toronto. They are vivid, interesting, and never forced or out of place. Some of the pages can be considered snippets for a tour book, but they are NOT boring.

All in all, an easy reading with interesting plot which fully deserves 4 stars. It is not a classic book by any means, but it does not pretend to be one.