The Dragon Never Sleeps
Progress: 23 %
A Night in the Lonesome October
Gahan Wilson, James Warhola, Roger Zelazny
Progress: 28 %

Kingslayer - Honor Raconteur First things first: I need to mention I received this book from Goodreads giveaways.

General Darius Bresalier killed the king he served for breaking an oath he gave to the general - Darius' people hold that particular oath in high regard. Now he must flee the country, only to be captured by the very nation he was trying to conquer for his late king. He expected a quick execution, but instead the captors' Queen made him an offer he could not refuse; it is not that he had any choice in the matter.

This book is not fantasy, strictly speaking. The is no magic in the world, so this might be qualified as historical fantasy, or alternative history, but the countries in the book do not resemble any real-world countries an any way. It was an easy read - surprisingly.

My initial rating for the book was 3.5 stars, but I was not sure whether to round it up or down. Finally I rounded it up for several reasons, the biggest one being the romance in the book. This book can be used as an example of how to write good romance. First of all, the romance subplot does not appear until after the first half of the book. Second, the people in question do not act like complete retards; actually they do, but only in dealings with each other which is understandable. They still remember their duties and behave like normal intelligent human beings around other people.

The book also has fast-moving interesting plot, and is never boring. 4 stars is the final rating.