The Dragon Never Sleeps
The Locked-room Mysteries
Otto Penzler
Progress: 23 %

Jolie and Scoobie High School Misadventures

Jolie and Scoobie High School Misadventures - Elaine Orr First things first: I need to mention I received this book from Goodreads giveaways.

Jolie Gentil’s parents need to work on their marriage - in their words, so they leave her with her great aunt without letting her know about this in advance; nice parenting, that. While she is angry at them, she has no choice but to go to a local school for a year. The local pupils are not exactly the most welcoming bunch, but she befriended a guy called Scoobie who is somewhat a loner. The rest of the book deals with her year at the new school.

This is a prequel to a series of cozy mysteries featuring Jolie Gentil, and as such it shows her developing personality somewhat, but only contains a couple of minor mysteries. I have a hard time rating the book because it is too short with not enough character development as a result; there is some though. All in all I would say this is a good beginning of the things to come and a nice light read. My final rating is 4 stars, but it also can be 5 or 3, depending on the point of view.