Gene

Gene

A Bad Spell in Yurt

A Bad Spell in Yurt - C. Dale Brittain Daimbert just graduated from wizard's school - barely, thanks to an incident with the frogs which was mentioned quite a few times, but we never learn any details about it. He accepts a job offer from a small kingdom of Yurt where the former Royal Wizard recently retired. The people of the kingdom seems to be friendly (including the king and the Queen), or not outright hostile in the worst cases, but Daimbert was good enough a Wizard to feel evil forces in the all over the place. He must find who is responsible for the evil before it would be too late for him and the whole kingdom.

First thing of note about the book: its cover has got to have an award for being the least related to its contents. According to the former (as well as the book blurb) this is a fairly lighthearted novel; it is most definitely not; the aforementioned frog incident is the only humorous reference. It happens to be very serious one with some very tragic moments.

This is one of those novels where you get all fuzzy and warm inside while following Daimbert adventures; in other words it is a perfect comfort read. On the other hand, I would not be able to name a single prominent detail about it at all; once you finish being fuzzy and warm the book is completely forgettable. It worth 3 stars - and no more than that, but it is one of the best books with 3 stars among my ratings.

This review is a copy/paste of my BookLikes one: http://gene.booklikes.com/post/751510/a-charming-but-fairly-average-book-which-makes-forgettable-comfort-reading