Morning Glories, Vol. 1: For a Better Future

Morning Glories, Vol. 1: For a Better Future - Joe Eisma, Nick Spencer, Rodin Esquejo Six very different students found themselves to be roommates in one of the most prestigious schools: Morning Glory Academy. They soon realize the school has some very sinister secrets and people getting killed are not that uncommon occurrence. Soon they have to fight for their own survival.

The first thing noticeable about the graphic novel is the quality of artwork: it is good and distinctive. Some of the comics suffer from people's faces being drawn very similar to the point of being indistinguishable one from another; this is not the case here. The tale starts with a huge bang and it only gets more exciting further down the road. The six main characters all feel like real people with their own personalities.

The only down side of this novel is that it is practically impossible to understand what is going on initially, but it makes a very good job of making you want to. By the time I hit the last chapter I was fairly sure I finally figured it out, but the ending completely threw me off: I really have not seen it coming at all. I still do not have a good idea about the happenings at the school, but I am more than curios to hunt down the next volume; so if you will excuse me: I am off to the library.

4.5 stars is the final rating of the novel. This review is a copy/paste of my BookLikes one: http://gene.booklikes.com/post/888082/no-matter-how-bad-your-school-was-if-was-not-as-bad-as-this-one