The Dragon Never Sleeps
A Night in the Lonesome October
Gahan Wilson, James Warhola, Roger Zelazny
Progress: 28 %

Revival, Vol. 1: You're Among Friends

Revival, Vol. 1: You're Among Friends - Mark Englert, Mike Norton, Tim Seeley In a small town of Wisconsin in the middle of nowhere the dead people started coming back - not as zombies, but as seemingly normal people. Obviously this creates a nationwide problem: the town is quarantined until the medics are sure the phenomenon is not contagious, the researchers rush in to study it, the pilgrims from all over the world try to enter the town for different reasons. The moment everything calmed down somewhat, things started to get weird - weird to the point where people who flatly refuse to stay dead seem like a perfectly simple and logical occurrence. Now there is a meddling ghost, fanatics, celebrity stalkers, a murderer, an maniacal exorcist, a crazy old lady with homicidal and suicidal tendencies who keeps coming back to life - just to name a few. There is just one person who can stop all of these: Officer Dana Cypress; the rest of the town's small police force is busy blockading the quarantine area.

It really boggled my mind how many seemingly unrelated plot-lines can be crammed into less than 130 pages. Because of this, the overall plot appears to be chaotic with frequent jumps between different people and places. It is also fast-moving which allowed me to overlook its chaotic nature. I also forgot to keep track of time while reading the book, which means I did not get enough sleep before coming to work. I would be interested to see how the story will continue as well as more character development.

The final rating is 4.5 stars

This review is a copy/paste of my BookLikes one: http://gene.booklikes.com/post/877153/a-very-complicated-plot-with-pseudo-zombies-thrown-in-for-a-good-measure