The Dragon Never Sleeps
A Night in the Lonesome October
Gahan Wilson, James Warhola, Roger Zelazny
Progress: 11 %

Hidden Booty

Hidden Booty - Robert Bruce Stewart Thanks to Emmie's gambling in a French resort, the couple finds itself with practically no money, so Emmie volunteers her husband Harry for a job of finding a missing shipment of gold. The latter has never done this kind of investigation before, but this fact did not stop his wife. The results of these efforts revealed right on the first page, so I will not give away any spoilers when I say that Emmie and Harry did independent investigations which resulted in Harry finding the gold and Emmie finding the culprits.

The book was more on the mystery side and less on humor which was surprising for me as Emmie is the most humorous character in the series. Still the humor was there, especially regarding Harry's investigation from Emmie POV which did not make any sense at all until the very end of the story. Emmie's highly unconventional efforts at gambling are also worth noticing.

This short story is a good addition to Emmie and Harry Reese mysteries with 4 star rating.

This review is a copy/paste of my BookLikes one: http://gene.booklikes.com/post/956916/the-second-short-story-of-emmie-reese-mystery