Curran POV Collection

Curran POV Collection - Gordon Andrews Buddy read with Armina, Eilonwy, Asya, and Monty Cupcake.

This is a collection of scenes from the main Kate Daniels series told from (can you guess it?) Curran POV. It is also freely available from the authors' web page. In the first half of the book the scenes are amusing, but not groundbreaking as people who read Kate Daniels books - from the first to the forth - already know what happened. The only thing I learned from it that my suspicion about Curran being full of it was correct. The guy is the King of the Jungle, or the Pack's Leader in this case, so this attitude comes with the job description.

The second half of the book is much better as it shows the scenes not witnessed by Kate and thus unknown to readers, most notably the explanation of Curran's injuries which prevented his from going to a date with Kate in book 4. There are other interesting stories in here, but I am afraid I will give spoilers if I say that they are about.

As I said before, the quality ranges from amusing, but unnecessary to interesting and filling blanks left in the main plot-line. It is also fast and short read: my copy has only 88 pages. The final rating is - not surprisingly - 3 stars.

This review is a copy/paste of my BookLikes one: http://gene.booklikes.com/post/998356/the-first-half-of-the-book-is-kind-of-pointless-but-the-second-one-is-better