Buddy read with Armina, Eilonwy, Asya, and Monty Cupcake.

Kate and Curran decided to have a quiet and peaceful dinner after a hard day involving Kate's kicking butt of yet another trouble-making monster and Curran's efforts to hold his ragtag Pack together. There are a couple of vampires outside of the restaurant they go and their navigators are inside. Sometime in the middle of the dinner things go TERRIBLY WRONG with the navigators and now a child's life is in danger unless Kate and Curran can figure out what ails him.

This is hands down the funniest story from the series. It does have some serious tones and themes, but at some places it is laugh-out-loud funny. I am sure people around me were sure I am not exactly right in my head because I laughed for no apparent reason. I actually had one: I was reading the scene with Kate and her sidekicks visiting Vikings. This one scene was enough for me to decide on the novella's rating.

This is the first Kate Daniels story which fully deserves 5 stars. It has everything: humor, morals, new monsters (the kind that even Kate backed by the Pack's heavy-hitters did not want to fight); the reading time well spent. Does anybody want to organize a Viking club? I would be among the first to join.

This review is a copy/paste of my LeafMarks one: https://www.leafmarks.com/lm/#/users/10968/books/689219/review