The Dragon Never Sleeps
The Locked-room Mysteries
Otto Penzler
Progress: 23 %

Vampirella vs. Fluffy

Vampirella vs. Fluffy - Mark Rahner, Cezar Razek Young high school couples are murdered by demonic Puritans. Fortunately this is the school of Buffy Fluffy the Vampire Slayer. Even better, Vampirella came to investigate. Here comes the problem: Fluffy is supposed to kill vampires, even if the vampire in question is a good undead bloodsucker running around practically naked.

I am not really familiar with Vampirella comics. From this comic I received the impression its main selling point is the cloths - or the lack thereof to be exact - of the heroine. I might be wrong of cause.

As a parody of Buffy the Vampire slayer it falls flat. I already mentioned before in my review of another comic I bought as a part of Humble Bundle - My Little Phony: a parody can be silly, but not dumb. This one is dumb, but unlike the comic book I just mentioned at least it does not insult the readers' intelligence. This is the only reason for the second star in the rating.

I will repeat this again just to reiterate my point: a dumb parody is dumb. It assumes a certain (low) intellectual level of the reader.

This review is a copy/paste of my LeafMarks one: https://www.leafmarks.com/lm/#/users/10968/books/1082670/review