Death by Didgeridoo (A Jamie Quinn Mystery)

Death by Didgeridoo (A Jamie Quinn Mystery) - Barbara Venkataraman Jamie Quinn is a thirty-something lawyer specializing in divorce cases. She is completely broken after the death of her mother and spends her time staying at home. As a side note: I really wish I had a life where I could afford to stay at home instead of going to work when I feel like it. A phone call from her aunt finally makes her to take some action. Her nephew is accused of a murder of a former rock star. The nephew has Asperger’s Syndrome. The victim had lots of enemies. Jamie has no clue about criminal defense. It is any wonder she takes the case?

First things first: what the heck is didgeridoo? It is a murder weapon used as a club. If you have any doubts whether it can be used as such, take a look at the following:

I liked Jamie Quinn as a character. While she is shown at the bad time of her life she still has a healthy sense of irony and some humor which sets the tone for the whole story. The character works for a plot novella and I hope it will improve in further stories of the series. There were some other good characters which did not get much screen time due to the length of the book.

The writing style is decent and serviceable in this case. The whole book is a short but easy read with the total rating of 3.5 stars rounded up for the reason that it does a good job as a series' pilot.