Gene

Gene

Exile

Exile - R.A. Salvatore A buddy read with Kristen, Gavin, and Kaora.

This book picks up right where the first one ended. For this reason I cannot give any big details about plot as they will spoil the ending of the first book. Sufficient to say Drizzt is still alive which is not a big surprise as this is the second book of the series about him featuring 15 more.
Drizzt
He struggles trying to retain his humanity, or elfinity in his case (hey look, I made up a new word!). He also finally made some real friends. We also get to have a fairly good glimpse at a very interesting civilization of guys who came straight from the pages of this book:
Cthulhu

This book avoids the dreaded Second Book of a Trilogy syndrome: it is not boring. In fact it is much more action oriented than the first one. Drizzt simply does not have much time for brooding. This was a deciding factor in my rating. I saw too many trilogies with interesting world building in the first book, exciting conclusion in the last one and throwaway filling in the second one. I expected mindless entertainment and this is exactly what I got.

I am eager to start the last book of the trilogy, especially considering the way this one ended.